Monday, October 22, 2012

Tears in Heaven


Would you know my name
If I saw you in heaven
Would it be the same
If I saw you in heaven
I must be strong
And carry on
‘Cause I know
I don’t belong here in Heaven…”

     This is a sad song written and sang by a famous American unplugged pop singer and composer Eric Clapton to memorize his 4-year-old son Conor who fell from a window of the 53-rd floor New York apartment building in March of 1991.

     The death of his little boy gave Clapton a strong impact not only Conor was his only child but also was joining Clapton’s life at his late forties.  The sorrow was so huge that Clapton was isolated himself for a long period of time.  Finally, Clapton decided to pull himself together and starting working again.  Clapton dealt with the grief of his son’s death by co-writing “Tears in Heaven” with Will Jennings and this song has won several musical awards.

     From the lyrics and melody, we feel the sadness and emptiness of a desperate father when he faces the biggest tragedy in life by losing his beloved child for good without saying goodbye. 

     As the song says, “I must be strong and carry on….”, if the child knows what his father has been through after his death, he would pray in heaven that his dear father goes on with his life with a strong and positive mind.

     Most of all, the story tells us to cherish our friends and families while we can and treasure every moment we share with our beloved ones before it is too late.

The link of this song:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRsJlAJvOSM

2 comments:

  1. Wow I don't know that Michael has such good command in English. This song is awesome. It contains love and sorrow at the same time. The singer has a touching voice. I can feel his love to his son. Your blog is really interesting. Where do you get these stories? I want to know more. I will looking forward to your blog. I post the theme songs of the series I introduce on my blog. Hope you will like them, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found these stories took me a long time......HAHA
      Thanks翔甯~~~

      Delete