Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Wake Me Up When September Ends

Today I want to introduce a song called Wake Me Up When September Ends, which is sung by Green Day. This song is my favorite English song. The song is about the death of singer's father but the MV is about anti-war.

Green Day lead singer Billie Joe Armstrong wrote this about his father, who died of cancer on September 1st, 1982. At his father's funeral, Billie cried, ran home and locked himself in his room. When his mother got home and knocked on his badroom door, Billie just said, "Wake me up when September ends," which became the title of this song.

The MV is telling a story about a girl and a boy who were taken apart because of the conscription(徵兵). The boy took part in the war instantly. And the girl was waiting for him and didn't know whether the boy was alive or not......

I don't like war because a war may cause thousands of people dead and make many family broken...... So every time I see the MV, I always feel deeply sad.


The link of this song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU9JoFKlaZ0


2 comments:

  1. I think that nobody likes war, a war could make people heartbroken or die just like the music video shown. No matter who is the winner of a war, no one should be happy, they are both lose something important because of a war.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The MV of the song is really touching. It's a story that make me feel a little sad. Because the couple really have a sweet time that they want to cherish for the whole life.They really want to stay with each other forever.
    But the war suddenly break out, and the couple are forced to separate. It's make me feel heloless, for they can't do anything to change the cruelty of reality. The memory that they have is really wonderful and I hope that they can have a reunion someday.
    Although the song send me a feeling of a little sad, the melody of the song is really great!!:))

    ReplyDelete