Monday, December 24, 2012

We are the world


     "We Are the World" is a song and charity single originally recorded by the “supergroup USA for Africa” in 1985. It was written by Michael Jackson and Lionel Richie, and produced by Quincy Jones and Michael Omartian for the album. Why were there so many big stars singing together? Its main purpose was to raise the fund for poor African people.
     There are many Taiwan activities supporting the poor in Africa. Like 30 Hour Famine. The 30 Hour Famine campaign is World Vision Taiwan’s annual response to humanitarian emergencies around the world including natural and man-made disasters, the effects of climate change, the global food crisis, war and conflict and diseases. I joined the campaign once, and I realized that it’s so hard to tolerate hunger!!! Going through this event, I am able to put myself in their shoes. Hope they all have foods in Christmas!



the link of the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9BNoNFKCBI

4 comments:

  1. I have joined an activity like 30 Hour Famine, but it just needed 12 hours. Though it only lasted for 12 hours, I also found myself hard to stand it! Being able to have food for every meal is really a happiness.>//<It's really a song full of kindness. And the melody can really give people a lot of power.
    ps:Thank you for your cool tips to save money.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! I forgot to tell you that another tip of saving money is joining 30 hour famine!!!XDDDD
      You're welcome! : )

      Delete
  2. I have listened to this song but have never heard the main purpose of this song and taken a participate in The 30 Hour Famine campaign. I remebered the first time I noticed this song was when Haiti earthquake happened, American Singers re-recorded this song and in order to help raise money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh~ This song is so great and meaningful! Isn't it?:))

      Delete